Basic questions - wannabe MF user

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NotASpeckOfCereal Senior Member • Posts: 1,940
Re: Basic questions - wannabe MF user

Satyaa wrote:

[...] I routinely go on long walks (or hikes) with the GFX 100 around my neck (the big GFX 100) and I carry two more GF lenses in a small canvas Domke 803 shoulder bag.

I'm afraid I won't be able to do that! This is the only hesitation that keeps me from jumping all in.

Why is that? The weight?

I went all in, GFX100s and 5 primes (from a D850 and Nikkor glass). I work out and so have some strength, but my 64 year old lower back is feeling it (with accessories and a strapped on tripod plus the weight of the large bag itself). I take ibuprofen every day for it.

I'm now looking for smaller bag solutions (like the bag Greg mentions). The body (100s is less than the 100) with only 2 lenses, only essential accessories for each venture (leaving the rest in the car, which is a questionable thing, but something for you to consider that you will end up doing if you go all-in).

So if you want confirmation that all-in with a new MF system is going to be heavy and cumbersome, I can testify. I think I just did.

If you aren't going to print or publish in magazines, the Nikon Z ML system sounds more appropriate.

Chris

EDIT: I love the system though. If you get it, you probably won't be unhappy with the results ... far from it. I just wanted to say "hell yes, it's heavy stuff".

NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list:NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D850 Fujifilm GFX 100S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow