UURig cage on my M6II

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AKRover Regular Member • Posts: 275
UURig cage on my M6II

There are three reasons I put a cage on my M6II. The most important one is protection. The rubber grip on my M6II has taken a real beating over the last year and this will protect not only the grip, but much of the camera by encasing it in a metal exoskeleton. The second reason is that I think I am going to be doing a lot more macro and the cage provides mounting points for putting an LED light on an extended arm. Finally, I knew I wouldn’t complain about the camera feeling a bit bigger.

The cage weight is certainly negligible with my 400 DO II, but noticeable with just the 15-45 on the camera. With the cage and the 15-45, my M6II feels about the same weight as my 80D bare. The cage feels good in my hand and I think it might reduce a few of my infrequent accidental settings changes by giving my hand more room.

SmallRig offers a similar cage, but it is more expensive and I was a little concerned about the cold shoe under my index finger. The UURig (a Ulanzi company) has a smooth bar in front of that front dial. I am pretty impressed by the fit and finish, although we will quickly see how well that finish holds up to my abuse. Anyway, I didn’t see much info on this cage so I thought I would start a thread and include a couple of pictures that show both the EVF and the EF convertor mounted (no issue with either, but I don’t have the tripod foot on my EF convertor so I can’t confirm if that would fit).

AKRover's gear list:AKRover's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +8 more
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow