Panasonic 14-140 II OIS problems?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrodenMax New Member • Posts: 8
Panasonic 14-140 II OIS problems?

Hey!

I bought the 14-140mm mark II used and besides some dots on the glass inside the lens (not dust), I don't see a difference with the power O.I.S "on" and "off". Besides the symbol on the screen when its off. I read some complains about a few lenses where the OIS is barely noticable, the 14-140 being one of them.

I like to hear your thoughts about this. If you own this lens and can tell the difference between on and off.

I also bought a 100-300mm II and used gh4 with this lens, so I really need the lens ois. With the 100-300mm, the stabe is very nice.

The 14-140 lens has quite a few dots inside of the glass, maybe from water damage? I haven't seen any on the pictures I've taken. If water has somehow entered the lens, I imagine the power ois also might take damage from this. I've searched the interweb for broken lens-ois, but there's no information about this, which make me believe that it's quite rare.

So what du you guys think, is the ois broken? I'm thinking maybe a firmware update would fix it, but I have the most recent update installed. I haven't found a way to reset the lens firmware and re-install the latest one, is this possible somehow?

You can probably tell that english is not my native language(?).

Thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow