Saved €1200 on my Z7

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shadowsurfer
Shadowsurfer Regular Member • Posts: 123
Saved €1200 on my Z7

I always have photographed with two bodies since my FM2 days and before that my Pentax Spotmatic days. I find the cutdown on lens changing beneficial in many ways, not least the sensor dust problem. I will be able to hike with the 24-200 and 14-30 ready for use without lens swapping on windy dusty mountain footpaths. The 24-200 on one body and the 24TS or 14-30 on the other, will make photography more fluid when I am "doing" monuments.

So it was time to add a second Z7. I went to the shop with the intention of getting the Z7ii , but they had a second hand "as new" Z7i with 500 clicks at €2200. It seems the Z7i at least has not got a great SH value. As the lack of a second slot and the other improvements in the Z7ii do not interest me, I plumped for another Z7i. So I hope I have saved myself €1200,with no real operational loss when using the camera.

The point of my thread is that I cannot understand why the SH price of the Z7i is so low, I see them on the web SH even cheaper at times. I cannot really find any real major difference between the two looking at the speck sheet. Is that second slot so vital? Is the autofocus so bad; it has been fine for my usage on my first body.

The last owner sold it after 500 clicks, to get the Z7ii. I am perplexed and happy at the same time.

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow