Handheld Focus Bracketing: EM1 MK2 vs G9

Started Jan 26, 2020 | Discussions thread
mwhyte
mwhyte Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: Handheld Focus Bracketing: EM1 MK2 vs G9

For flowers and other relatively static subjects I shoot handheld all the time for focus stacking (Olympus - in camera focus stacked...plus you get all the separate raws)...The camera does a pretty good job of merging the photos...Though I bet you could do better if you stacked by hand and cleaned them up in Photoshop or similar software...

Anyways, here is a handheld in-camera focus stacked flower shot...15 frames...merged together in camera...I just did some cropping and vibrance/satruation boost in Lightroom...

15 shot in camera focus stacked image. Shot with the EM1iii and the Olympus 12-100 F4 Lens

One final point...The Olympus in-camera focus stacking feature is only available on certain Olympus lenses...The focus bracket feature on Olympus cameras is available on any lens...The difference between focus stacking and bracketing is that bracketing maxes out at 15 shots and the camera can stack in camera, and bracketing, I think you can go as high as 99 shots and you have to do the stacking on your computer...

-- hide signature --

Bring your camera everywhere, as you never know what the world will give you.

mwhyte's gear list:mwhyte's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow