I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Maxxuman Senior Member • Posts: 1,900
Re: Useless reviews

tbcass wrote:

Maxxuman wrote:

tbcass wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

Let's just say that plenty of people continue to own and use screw-drive lenses without trying to guess at a ratio.

Let's just say that where I live the good screw drive lenses are impossible to find. Other than that none of us knows the ratio of users.

So where you live online purchases aren't available? I bought a 135/1.8 ZA from KEH less than a month ago, knowing that the LAEA-5 will allow it to retain much of its value adapted (at least on some bodies, and hopefully more in the future) if the time ever arrives that I switch from A Mount.

Let me clarify. I meant it's hard to find anybody actually using A Mount screw drive lenses on any camera where I live.

So you base your assumption about which lenses people use on a camera mount that never had a lot of users and whose numbers are dwindling on people you see in person where you live? That's like saying that people don't buy green Aston Martins, because you've only seen a blue one in your neighborhood.

-- hide signature --

Barry

Maxxuman's gear list:Maxxuman's gear list
Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T*
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow