Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Kokopelli_Rocks
Kokopelli_Rocks Senior Member • Posts: 2,624
Re: Nokishita: Canon R3

BirdShooter7 wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Greenville wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

Really interesting Canon is reviving the 3 Series. I had an EOS 3 and loved the camera. I was sad to sell it, but I stopped shooting film after the 2002 SLC Olympics. The camera was just gathering dust for 2.5 years and I wanted more lenses. Very happy with to see Canon bringing back eye control focus. Really liked that in my EOS 3.

My guess on naming is Canon is not ready to release an R1. A higher spec mirrorless camera is needed in the sports world. I also expect we will see a sub $2K R7 in the next 6 to 12 months.

Sadly I don't think we'll see an R7 until later in 2022.

Yes I’m afraid you’re right. What I’m even more worried about is that by then it might well be too late and we might end up not seeing one at all.

That is why I said 6-12 months. Maybe this year, but probably not, but would be surprised if we don't seen an announcement in 12 months.

I am surprised by the R3. I figured Canon's top priority was an R1, but they may not be ready for an R1. While excited about an R3 as a release, I won't be buying another camera for awhile.  Will be interesting to see the details on on the R3.  I had always hoped Canon would release a digital version of the EOS 3.

Kokopelli_Rocks's gear list:Kokopelli_Rocks's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Sony RX100 III +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow