blurry photo or not with the focus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
hobbit mob
hobbit mob Regular Member • Posts: 179
Re: blurry photo or not with the focus

Alexpassion wrote:

ok, even when I mount a can I not the image I like can be a problem with the settings?

In this case it looks like the 'blur' on the face is from the softness of the lens.  Most lenses are softer wide open, and it's been my experience that the 50 1.4's and 1.8's are prone to this more than some of the other lenses I've used.  If you were to stop down to f/2, you would increase the sharpness a ton (likely) and with the background so far away, you wouldn't lose out on much, if any, background blur.

Another option to get what you seem to be looking for would be to get a slightly longer lens, many people like 85mm for portraits because it provides good compression and a nice background blur.  I had an 85 1.8 that i used for portraits that worked well.  It was sharper at 1.8 than my 50mm was at f1.8, and improved when stopped down to f2/f2.5, and still gave nice background blur (bokeh)

-- hide signature --

Accelerating Entropy

hobbit mob's gear list:hobbit mob's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow