I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 52,778
Re: Horizontal vs. Vertical panoramas, A77 vs A77 MkII

Prognathous wrote:

tbcass wrote:

You use vertical orientation which I don't find useful for the panos I want to do. The discussion you linked to was in reference to getting the full left to right range. This discussion is relative to stitching problems. When using vertical orientation you can't get as wide left to right range as horizontal.

Maybe that's the reason for our different experience. I always shoot vertical panoramas and frequently choose Standard width and not Wide. When I do go for Wide I manage to get 180 degrees field of view (horizontal), which is more than enough for all scenarios I care about. To me the main benefit of the panorama mode is as a replacement of an UWA lenses, and these at most provide 110 degrees field of view. I find it easy to get this width with sweep panoramas and without any stitching issues, be it with the original A77 or the MkII.

Apparently using vertical orientation avoids stitching issues. I like panos for the super wide panoramic view which I can't get with vertical orientation.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow