Help please regarding 1st Sigma Merrill camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP idomybest Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: Help please regarding 1st Sigma Merrill camera

That's great thank you to everyone who has responded, the information has been really useful I appreciate all the effort that has gone in to writing such helpful posts.

It seems like there are not many of these Merrill cameras about or users are keeping hold of them as the prices appear to be rising. It's a bit hard to know what to do as they are quite old so are more likely to break (even though as tagscuderia says they are very well made) and no-one seems to fix them anymore.

As Dryce, tagscuderia and Lukacs85 has indicated the DP0 Quattro is very good but not a Merrill in its build or keepers - it is a similar(ish) price more versatile and I get one new with a 2 year guarantee.

I guess the SD Quattro is the same sensor I do like the look of it and maybe I could use some of my manual Nikon f mount lenses with it - wish it was full frame though!

It was great to get such balanced views on the cameras strengths and weaknesses and mike earussi tips on the best lenses, info on the software from xpatUSA so thanks again to everyone for your help.

When I have decided what to do "I'll be back".......................

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow