Fujifilm X-S10 or X100V to add as Back-Up or Second to X-T4

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pick_ture_dat
pick_ture_dat New Member • Posts: 4
Fujifilm X-S10 or X100V to add as Back-Up or Second to X-T4

My existing gear set includes the Fujifilm X-T4 with the following lenses (with recent use cases and upcoming anticipated use cases):

• Samyang 12mm f2 (recent hiking, restaurant indoors; upcoming hiking travel trip and first try astrophotography at lake/camp)
  • Fujifilm 16-80mm f4 (recent “one-lens outdoor”)
  • Fujifilm 80mm f2.8 (recent product shots for cookie co, flower macro; upcoming graduation shoot, yearly family portraits at the end of the year)
  • Viltrox 23mm f1.4 (recent “one-lens indoor”)
  • Viltrox 56mm f1.4 (recent graduation shoot, upcoming graduation shoot)

I like to have my camera on me everywhere as much as possible (pre-pandemic and for when things start opening back up) and like to take photos and short video clips to put together on YouTube/Facebook for the purpose of memories and looking back at any mini adventures (trips, restaurants, gatherings, hiking, travel).

Unless I know I’ll need something for sure, I’ll usually take the X-T4 and the 23mm f1.4 especially if indoors is expected and if I don’t know what I’ll need, it would be the 16-80mm f4 especially if i may need reach and my plans involve a lot of outdoor.

The 12mm f2 I reserve for when I know I’ll want the wide shots when hiking or get wide views of sights or architecture.

The 80mm f2.8 I’ve used for product photography and portraits, and the 56mm f1.4 for the latter subject too.

I’ve considered re-shifting my gear to potentially adding an X100V or X-S10

OR even doing something that would end up with the gear set of:

Fujifilm X-S10 (sell/trade X-T4, 23mm f1.4, 80mm f2.8)

• 12mm f2
  • 16-80mm f4
  • 56mm f1.4
  • 11 or 16 extension tube (need to research if this will work with 56mm f1.4 Viltox)

AND Fujifilm X100V

I’ve seen an earlier thread of someone asking if they should get the X100V or X-S10, but in my case I’m wondering if I should get the X-S10 as a back-up body with the IBIS, and I’m intrigued by the larger potentially more comfortable grip; or the X100V to end up being my take around camera replacing the Viltox 23 I have.

Why “downgrade” the X-T4 to an X-S10 in the field above? The top of the line X-T4 is amazing, but the X-S10 grip and custom modes (heard it doesn’t do video, but may be added in firmware update) sounds great. I’ve enjoyed the Photo/Video switch of the X-T4 making it easier to switch back and forth, but I’d imagine it’d be even quicker on X-S10 if I had pre-set C modes. The “downgrade” and release of 80mm f2.8 to extension tubes would also save in getting the X100V. Not sure how numbers would all work out, but I usually only purchase used, except for my X-T4 body which I am the first owner.

I’m more of an enthusiast with the occasional word of mouth opportunities to do shoots on  a weekend. So that’s another thing to keep in mind.

Any thoughts and anyone ever been in the same boat?

pick_ture_dat's gear list:pick_ture_dat's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 GoPro Hero8 Black Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow