24mm and 50mm, or just 35mm?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
romfordbluenose Veteran Member • Posts: 5,274
Re: 24mm and 50mm, or just 35mm?

I used to use a 24mm, 35mm and 50 mm (Also 85 and 105). Over time I found that for general use zoom IQ significantly improved so that for general use and IQ a zoom is what I now use. I have the 18-35, the same as you, and find it a great lens for the photography I do (architecture and landscape). Do you use that lens often? If so what focal length do you normally use on it which will give you a guide to the lens to get.

So answering your question then the 24mm would be the lens I would go for, it'll give you the angles for architecture (particularly indoors) and would be great for landscape. The 35mm would be better for general use, but then so is the 50mm.

Lastly, IQ, your 18-35 is more than good enough for all your general wide angle photography so if you are looking for a significant improvement in IQ then you will need to get a very good lens, I don't have any but reading a lot of post get something from the Sigma Art range.

-- hide signature --

Please don't quote long posts, it just fills up the forum with repetitive information. Just replying to the poster or selectively quoting will make it all easier to read.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow