16mm 1.4 and 50mm F2 street combo (replace 16-55) photos!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sutto Contributing Member • Posts: 740
16mm 1.4 and 50mm F2 street combo (replace 16-55) photos!

I'm writing a blog about this at the moment, so there will be more detail coming. In a nutshell - I finally sold my beloved 16-55 on 'fleabay' last week (after writing so many blogs on how great it was). The catalyst was buying a cheap, mint 16mm 1.4 on 'fleabay' at Christmas. I saw what everybody had been raving about - oh boy. The 16mm is magic - razor sharp at 1.4, insane close focus, DSLR like subject separation, two stops more light than the zoom. I can't find the superlatives to describe this lens. Unfortunately it killed it for me ever going back to the big zoom again.

Australia is starting to open up now, and I've shot a couple of events in the last two weeks. I'll show a few shots here, but save the good ones for my upcoming blog. We have the annual gold mining rescue coming up here, in the next few weeks. I have been allowed a professional pass to attend and I have to go to an induction in a couple of weeks. This is a huge event, where all the major mine rescue teams come from all over Western Australia to compete. They blow things up, burn things, have 'dead' bodies strewn everywhere, helicopters - it'll be off the planet! I'm so excited to be allowed to go in there and get some unique images. I'll be taking my two new X-T3's (I found my X-H1's too slow on AFC and I was missing too many shots), one will have the 16mm 1.4 and the other body the 50mm F2. These two lenses have completely replaced my 16-55. Watch this space!

Hair Plaits. Jambo African celebrations, Perth, 2021. Fuji X-T3 & 16mm 1.4 @ 1.4.

Punk Girl - street performer, Perth CBD, Western Australia. Fuji X-T3 & 50mm F2 @ F2.

Food Frivolities! Jambo African celebrations, Perth, 2021. Fuji X-T3 & 16mm 1.4 @ 1.4.

Umbrella Girl! Jambo African celebrations, Perth, 2021. Fuji X-T3 & 16mm 1.4 @ 1.4.

Locked in Love. Perth Bell Tower, bridge of padlocks, Western Australia, 2021. Fuji X-T3 & 16mm 1.4 @ 1.4.

Crescendo! 'Banda Ziriguidum' (Brazilian drum troop). Scarborough Beach markets, WA, 2021. Fuji X-T3 & 16mm 1.4, @ 1.4.

philipsuttonphotography.com

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow