Impressed by first shots with 14-54ii ZD

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jimrpdx
jimrpdx Veteran Member • Posts: 3,832
Impressed by first shots with 14-54ii ZD

The lens arrived today and I stepped out for a few tests against the 12-60 Lumix using the eM1.ii. The extra bulk was handled well by the larger body, af was decent but a touch slower. When set to wide open the aperture clicks are audible when zooming, weird but not annoying - but it is the first day. I'll try in a bit with the GX7 for more handling comments.

Images with the 14-54 look really nice, better sunstars than the Lumix at f/11. Close-ups looked similar with each, will look again on color and contrast but they seemed similar for those too.

I need to download and compare exif data, i attempted matching shots (each wide open). I'll post a few in the next day or so.

-- hide signature --
 jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow