Caveat Emptor - Willoughbys

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kbrkr
kbrkr Senior Member • Posts: 1,443
Caveat Emptor - Willoughbys

If your looking for a new Z7 II, look elsewhere.

This site showed the Z7 II IN STOCK for $2849.  I put it in my cart and checked out.

Got a call two days later; the $2849 is for International version, the USA version is $2999.00.  Nowhere on their site did they indicate it was INTL version.

I agreed to the new price, they assured me it will be shipped out in 10days?????  They charged my card and sent a "Sent to Warehouse" status.  They could not tell me why it takes 10 days to ship.  The salesman told me it's because of all the order (but they only have 1 in stock???).    Also, the salesman tried to upsell me a new battery and claimed the existing Nikon batteries are NOT backward compatible.

5 days later, I get a call from the salesman that there is a problem, the USA version is listed at $3349 and not $2999 and I would have to pay 400 more.   What?

So I cancelled the order.  This place is sleazy.  Purchase at your own risk.

Incidentally, I found a Z7II at a local Best Buy and picked it up the same day as I cancelled this order for $2999

kbrkr's gear list:kbrkr's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +6 more
Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow