eBay listing: E. Leitz Wetzlar FOFER Rangefinder accessory (3.5ft to Infinity)

Started 3 weeks ago | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Moggi1964
Moggi1964 Regular Member • Posts: 339
eBay listing: E. Leitz Wetzlar FOFER Rangefinder accessory (3.5ft to Infinity)

Will ship internationally.

In this example of the rangefinder the circular image is bright and clear, in fact surprisingly good given the item is about 90 years old. Alignment is very easy, the wheel turns smoothly so that tiny adjustments are easy to judge and accurately reflected in the viewing lens.

Tests carried out indoors show the rangefinder to be accurate within a few inches at 10 feet.

Outdoors I believe the rangefinder to be accurate to infinity though I have only been able to test it to around 300 feet where I would estimate it was within 5% accuracy. It's rather a difficult thing to measure to be honest. It may be that there is scope to adjust it if the new owner wished to do so but I am not familiar enough with the item to say that is the case. Given the apertures I typically shoot at for distance work, the level of accuracy provided is well within the depth of field at F/8.

There is a small mark on the bottom front lens but it in no way interferes with the view through the lens or the rangefinder circle. There is also wear on the part where the Leitz name appears. Importantly, the unit is in fabulous working condition and should likely last another 90 years.

Link to eBay here

Thank you for looking.

Moggi1964's gear list:Moggi1964's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Samsung Galaxy S10+ +7 more
FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread closed
View using Google Maps: Manchester, United Kingdom

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow