Sunset at Saguaro National Park

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
noisebeam Senior Member • Posts: 2,937
Re: Sunset at Saguaro National Park

AZheaven wrote:

cduff406 wrote:

Thats a beautiful picture. Can I ask if that was the east or west portion? I'll be there in a few weeks and looking forward to taking a whole lot of pictures. I hope to be out and about most every evening and a few mornings. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Just be aware of the wind. It's windy in AZ in spring time. There are some flowers blooming from what I've heard. Temps should be around the mid 90's until late April beginning of May. It's been unusally warm here. Phoenix hit 99 on April 4th. But hasn't been there since. And it's dry. We are in a drought, have been for at least 2+ years.

This can't be overstated.  Even desert adapted plants are suffering especially in D3/4 zones and most everything is brown and more dusty and hazy with the winds that are not bringing storms.  There is/was no springtime green this year.  Very few flowers.

Good weather would mean some moisture in the air for interesting clouds, but otherwise there will more likely be haze.

AZ Drought Map

noisebeam's gear list:noisebeam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow