I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tqlla Veteran Member • Posts: 6,173
Re: How many A-mount users are waiting for new bodies with full support for LA-EA5?

ActionPhotoPassion wrote:

tqlla wrote:

ActionPhotoPassion wrote:

I really appreciate the fact that all the incoming new ML cameras from Sony will bring the good stuff with LAEA-5.

I wouldnt count on it. Since the A7Riv was released, Sony released the A7C, The A7Siii, and the A9ii.

None of which are allowed to use the screw drive functionality of the LA-EA5

You seem to be as pesimistic as Sibersitizen

It's true that I make an asomption according to the past history of the previous adapters. They all were continuing to work with the sequeled camera bodies... So I don't even see the reason why it wouldn't be the case with this last one.

A7c and A7s mark 3 aren't surprising me concerning the non functioning Minolta AF. OTOH A9 mark 2 is clearly less understandable.

Let's say that I keep faith or hope then I mean I'm limiting a lot my interaction with external human beings because of COVID-19 since months, I could use some optimism.

I wish I could be optimistic about this.   But as you can see Sony released 4 FF bodies that are newer than the A7Riv, and only one gives you the full functionality of the LA-EA5.   And that Camera is $6500 or something like that.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony a7R III Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow