Nokishita: Canon R3

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
The Bad Photographer Regular Member • Posts: 127
Re: Nokishita: Canon R3

Fab-BZH wrote:

buellom wrote:

I think hat the R6 is a 6D equivalence. The 6D in mirrorless is more the RP. So Canon has already messed up the naming - or Canon re-invented it.

The R3 indicates:

It's above the R5, at least regarding a certain criterium.

There is still an R1 position open.

I hope it's not the high MP camera I'm waiting for. I have no use for this kind of body, for me smaller is better.

I think it's a beefed up R5. Same sensor, no overheating, even higher frame rates, better EVF, better LCD, better sealing, more robust body (you don't need a hammer anymore to get a nail into a wall, take your R3), better connectivity, improved AF (faster calculations).

A R5s is already rumored for the end of 2021, with more video capabilities than the original R5, and no overheating (fan).

An highres camera with a built-in grip, I don't think it's likely, why would they do that ?

Built-in grip cameras are for heavy duty photography, and it's not the case for studio and landscape photography, where a classical shaped camera is OK.

If Canon has to launch their rumored global shutter and QuadPixelAF in a super fast camera, it's time to do it with a sport camera like an R3 ! The counterparty is that a global shutter and QuadPixelAF could only be 20 or 21Mpix...

Or maybe that will be the R1 and this is just an extra tough do it all R5 or R6 in battle tank body and more processing power for

extra speed.

The Bad Photographer's gear list:The Bad Photographer's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS RP Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow