Help selecting a worthy head on the Manfrotto xpro 4 monopod

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fire_Bird123 New Member • Posts: 20
Help selecting a worthy head on the Manfrotto xpro 4 monopod

Ok this might seem like a silly question to many of you seasoned pros but please humor me as i'm new to photography and understandably am still learning much of the lingo and setting things up.

I have a Manfrotto XPRO4 Video mono pod which has 4 little feet at the bottom which can be extended out. I can pan it side to side once its locked in place but it also moves in an arc forward and back, side to side. The camera is attached directly to it.

The item can be seen here: https://www.wexphotovideo.com/manfrotto-xpro-video-4-section-aluminium-monopod-1609549/?mkwid=sSaPeYkZZ_dc&pcrid=310558797739&kword=&match=&plid=&product=1609549&pgrid=64597526547&ptaid=pla-653313892778&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpT0u-H77wIVpOjtCh1J2gejEAQYASABEgId6_D_BwE

I'm curious whether this would be suitable for wildlife photography (eg: birds, water fowl etc)?

or should i be considering buying some kind of head for it which allows me to tilt it up and down and pan side to side?

None of my lenses have tripod collars and even the 70-300 mm which i have a backorder with my supplier for, does not come with one of those.

thank you

Fire_Bird123's gear list:Fire_Bird123's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow