New problem with P950! Help!

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elliern Senior Member • Posts: 1,137
New problem with P950! Help!

Today my camera has been acting up. First it locked up twice when I first turned it on. I turned it off and tried again.  The second time it was completely locked  with the lens out just a short way.  I had to remove and replace the battery and then it was working fine.  
However, just now when I looked through the viewfinder I only saw what looked like bright metal screening.  The camera was also locked.  I was able to turn it off and back on again.  
So what do you all think is going on?  This is my second 950 and it is Nikon refurbished from Amazon with 90 day return plus 90 day warranty.

I really enjoy this camera, but don’t understand all the problems they seem to have.  I have never dropped it nor bumped the lens against anything.  I keep the lens cap on when not using it.  It rests on a soft towel on a large stuffed chair on my porch so I can quickly grab it if needed during the day and In the car it is also on a soft sling on the passenger seat and protected so it can’t slide around.  At night it is placed inside in the center of a large heavy dining table completely protected.  I use a lens cloth to lightly clean the lens and barrel after each use.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

-- hide signature --

Ellie

Elliern's gear list:Elliern's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon D5100 Sony a6000 Nikon D5500
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow