Need help colorizing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RandyS
RandyS Contributing Member • Posts: 572
Need help colorizing

As a favor, I agreed to take a shot at colorizing and restoring some old family photos for a former work colleague and mentor of mine. He is in his late 70s and is now the "senior" family representative. He and his children are putting together a virtual family reunion, and he wanted to put together a slideshow tracing the history of the family.
I had colorized and restored a few photos before, using the Photoshop beta filter, that turned out fairly well with a bit of additional tweaking. So I thought how hard it could be to take on this project. I was wrong. The Photoshop beta filter yielded very poor results, and now I'm stuck trying other methods – with equally poor results.
So I am here to request some assistance from anyone who has some time and would like to give it a shot. Here are the photos:

Thanks!

Randy

RandyS's gear list:RandyS's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow