Nokishita: Canon R3

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 2,978
R3 maybe = R7?

I'm not buying this rumor. Upon close inspection of the high res render, its a little sloppy in the details and that leads me to believe its not a Canon render or photo. Straight line aliasing gives that away along with what appears to be manipulated edges along the badge. The grip surface is also a big departure from Canon's lines for no apparent reason.

IDK, its possible Canon has a real R3 up its sleeves, but I doubt it would be a full sized portrait grip integrated body as Canon has been stingy offering that to any camera not among the top tier.

They only way I can make sense of the rumor in my head is if the body is the rumored R7. A flagship crop body. That would fit the nomenclature of the R3 moniker and possibly explain the odd switch to a full integrated grip. It also allows them to price it up stream and protects the sales of the R1 all while giving a pricing option that is an little more palatable.

IDK... I just don't have a lot of faith in it being real.

-- hide signature --

Mike Jackson - Wildlife Photography Enthusiast
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_flickr/

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow