April in the lowland forest

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iso rivolta Contributing Member • Posts: 767
April in the lowland forest

Finally, it was possible to get out and take some pictures with my K-3 II again. I wanted to test an old lens I had acquired more than ten years ago together with a Zenit 19 (very bad camera with an ill conceived metal shutter). The combo was very cheap and I was not aware at the time of the lens' qualities. It's a KMZ Zenitar 50mm F1.7 (M42 mount) that is highly praised today for its very soft bokeh. Mine has an oily aperture but the A/M button is still working. During this trip in the forest, I tested it with 28.5 mm of extension. The shots at the end are with my trusty FA 50mm F2.8 macro, with the AF 201 FG flash and a diffuser. Also, I added for context two older shots taken with a Canon DSLR and a Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro.

EDIT I don't know why the EXIF was lost when uploading. I added some info in the captions.

Here I used the Zenitar wide open, except for one shot, at F8. I tried to enjoy the shallow DOF as much as possible.

KMZ Zenitar 50mm F1.7 @ F1.7

KMZ Zenitar 50mm F1.7 @ F8

To make an idea about the complex inflorescence of this plant (Corydalis cava) here is a focus stack of 3 frames taken some time ago with a Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro.

Tamron SP Di 90mm F2.8 macro @F10, stack of 3 frames (Zerene). From tripod but windy. Some halos visible.

SMC Pentax-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro @F11, flash

Tamron SP Di 90mm F2.8 macro, flash. These velvet mites (Trombidium holosericeum) are often seen here in the spring. They are occasionally cannibalistic, the larger females catching males.

Pentax K-3 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow