Any new photo backpacks coming this year?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP starfly Senior Member • Posts: 1,104
Re: Any new photo backpacks coming this year?

Sage wrote:

starfly wrote:

Sage wrote:

Atlas has some new backpacks coming out this year. Google and check them out.

Yeah, I actually have the redesigned Adventure Pack on order with them. But still not sure if it'll be for me, wonder who else is bringing out new packs. Also debating between Adventure / Athlete.

Some people here have been claiming that there should be a few new packs coming out this year, perhaps even by one of the traditional pack makers, but I haven't seen that anywhere else except here on the forums.

Based upon my desire to have carry my Canon 1DX Mark 2 with a lens attached, Allan recommended the Adventure pack to me. However, I'm hesitant to order one after reading a couple people state it was never comfortable for them to carry that pack, despite the assistance of Atlas, who were great to work with.

I read that too. Hard to say if the new Adventure Pack will have a similar comfort level as the old one.

I actually first ordered the Athlete and then switched to the Adventure. I wasn't sure if the Athlete could fit R5, 24-105 F4, 100-500, 50 f/1.8, 35 f/1.8 and a future 14-35 F4. Maybe it could, but it would be tight and any future lenses I purchase then definitely wouldn't fit.

Important to me, as sometimes when I travel by plane I like to bring all my gear, and these bags are all carry-on sized. On a hike I likely wouldn't bring all that gear of course, too heavy.

starfly's gear list:starfly's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow