Two cameras . . .

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 5,445
Two cameras . . .

Back in the film days, I shot with a N90s and F5. Identical lens. One camera with negative and the other slides.

Digital eliminated the difference of negative and slide and I have been shooting with only one camera . . .  until I got into video. I traveled cross country with my video camera on a gimbal, and my D800 for film.

Then 4K came along and I found that I can pretty much extract a nice still from the video. Well . . .  they are some issues with the focal length of lenses I would use if I were just shooting still. But by and large, I don't need to have another camera.

In my last few times going out shooting, I've found myself switching between the 50-200 (MFT format) and 12-60 very frequently and it was a pain. It would be nice to have  two cameras with the these lenses mounted separately.

I am thinking, and I am resisting.

Anyone has the same delimma?

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow