I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tqlla Veteran Member • Posts: 6,173
Re: Useless reviews

tbcass wrote:

ActionPhotoPassion wrote:

To be fair it also depends on the use of the camera.

You definitely need the AF so yes you're concerned.

My point was you should rate the adapter when used for it's intended purpose. Sony clearly states which cameras are compatible so the complaints, which are legitimate, should be with Sony Corp not the adapter. It's entirely possible that the issues have to do with the camera hardware/firmware and not the adapter.

Its not clear at all which Camera's are supported with the LA-EA5's screw drive functionality. Its nebulous on the LA-EA5 page. Its not even in the fine print at the bottom of the page, the info is 4 different pages away. Also I dont see any of the video limitations listed on the webpage.

WE know, because we talk about it. A lot of people just see that it has a screw drive adapter and assume it will work with current model A7/A9 cameras, because it doesnt say otherwise. And then it turns out it only works with 1 of those camera's.

And as I stated earlier, several cameras(A7Siii, A7C, A9ii) released after the A7Riv are not supported. The negative reviews are well deserved.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony a7R III Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow