Nokishita: Canon R3

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Fab-BZH Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: Nokishita: Canon R3

buellom wrote:

I think hat the R6 is a 6D equivalence. The 6D in mirrorless is more the RP. So Canon has already messed up the naming - or Canon re-invented it.

The R3 indicates:

It's above the R5, at least regarding a certain criterium.

There is still an R1 position open.

I hope it's not the high MP camera I'm waiting for. I have no use for this kind of body, for me smaller is better.

I think it's a beefed up R5. Same sensor, no overheating, even higher frame rates, better EVF, better LCD, better sealing, more robust body (you don't need a hammer anymore to get a nail into a wall, take your R3), better connectivity, improved AF (faster calculations).

A R5s is already rumored for the end of 2021, with more video capabilities than the original R5, and no overheating (fan).

An highres camera with a built-in grip, I don't think it's likely, why would they do that ?

Built-in grip cameras are for heavy duty photography, and it's not the case for studio and landscape photography, where a classical shaped camera is OK.

If Canon has to launch their rumored global shutter and QuadPixelAF in a super fast camera, it's time to do it with a sport camera like an R3 ! The counterparty is that a global shutter and QuadPixelAF could only be 20 or 21Mpix...

Fab-BZH's gear list:Fab-BZH's gear list
Canon EOS R5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow