Considering a used R. Should I take the deal?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gedansky Regular Member • Posts: 258
Considering a used R. Should I take the deal?

I found an R in great condition with only 2000 shutter clicks, the RF 24-105mm lens and the converter for $810 ($866 with shipping and sales tax).  It's a private sale through a secure site, so I assume there is no warranty.  
Is it worth it?

My main reasons for doing it would be:

1) Being able to actually see the effect of my settings in the EVP
2) eye-tracking, as I'm getting into portraits

3) slightly smaller and much lighter weight than my 7D Mark II.  Not MUCH larger than my T6 and about the same weight.

4) 30.3 mp

5) lower noise at higher ISO

6) Comes with the RF 24-105mm lens and converter to use my other lenses.

Right now, I use my Rebel T6 for general walk-around photography including cityscapes, landscapes, street photography and the occasional candid portrait. 
I use my 7D Mark II for wildlife, and anything where I feel the more robust AF system will be better (plus the focal points are easier to see).  I just used it for my first engagement shoot and it was great.
I can happily make do with what I have. I don't NEED another camera.  
Is this deal too good to pass up?  Or, should I assume there will be more like it?
How comfortable are YOU dear readers, with private sales that offer no warranty protection?
Thanks!

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow