I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
QuietOC
QuietOC Veteran Member • Posts: 5,411
Re: Useless reviews

tqlla wrote:

tbcass wrote:

SQLGuy wrote:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/converters-mount-adapters/la-ea5/buy/laea5

13 reviews, less than 2 stars average.

Maybe if more people write, or upvote, reviews complaining about the lack of wider support for screw drive lenses, Sony might get to hear that... since it's on their site.

Because it was mostly people whining who don't own the adapter but were complaining it won't work with their screw drive lenses on the camera they own. I want reviews tested on non screw drive lenses on cameras that Sony says it will work on. The few people who tested it properly gave it high marks.

Here's an example, 1 star.

"The main feature is the motor. But it doesn't work with most cameras (A7M3, o A7-C for that matter). It's ridiculous, for most people this adapter is useless."

Well I suspect that "most people" don't own any screw drive lens (me for example). I am interested in how well it works with newer A mount lenses with a built in motor both Sony and 3rd party. If my A99ii ever dies I need to know how my lenses will work on a camera like the A7rIV.

Whats the purpose of the LA-EA5 if you dont have screw drive lenses? There is already and LA-EA3, if you need to adapt SSM/SAM lenses.

The LA-EA3 has an annoying foot that sticks out lower than the bottom of the camera.

QuietOC's gear list:QuietOC's gear list
Pentax Q7 Sony a7R IV NEX-5T Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +93 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow