Help please regarding 1st Sigma Merrill camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
idomybest Junior Member • Posts: 29
Help please regarding 1st Sigma Merrill camera

Hello everyone.

I have always been fascinated by photography and have dipped in and out of it throughout my life. I used to be a pro portrait and wedding photographer and used mainly Nikon, Kodak and Fuji S5 cameras.

The Nikon pro cameras were great to use they made you feel good but I always loved the images from the Kodak and Fuji more - maybe it was the extra effort involved to use them or the quirkiness of the cameras and the software.
I have long since given up pro photography and not really shot many images in the last 10 years. My interest in photography has resurfaced again and the choice of cameras these days I find quite bewildering!

After a lot of research I have been drawn to Sigma. I am mostly interested in the Merrill range - I have never used a Sigma camera (I did have a Sigma 30mm 1.4 for Dx and that was great) and it seems you need to be quite knowledgeable to get the best out of them but when you do they knock your socks off.

I was hoping to get some help regarding these cameras.

My favourite focal length is 35mm although I have mostly been using a 8mb Mk1 Ricoh GR which is 28mm and my phone which is also 28mm

I know I can get a DP1m at 28mm (which is from what I can gather the least good of the series) or a DP2m which 45mm (and which is I gather the best overall best of the series).

I was wondering how reliable these camera are now bearing in mind how old they are and if they are worth paying £500 for or if I would be better paying £500 ish for another Sigma camera like a quattro?

I will use the camera for mainly landscapes I shoot digital like I shoot film so speed is not required I just want the best quality possible and don't mind working for it.

Many thanks for any info.

Steve

Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow