I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ActionPhotoPassion Senior Member • Posts: 2,073
Re: How many A-mount users are waiting for new bodies with full support for LA-EA5?

I really appreciate the fact that all the incoming new ML cameras from Sony will bring the good stuff with LAEA-5.

OTOH I have decided to go another road.

I will just take a cheap backup FF camera ideally the A900, in worst of the worst case scenario the A7 mark I.

I deeply enjoyed my last shooting experience with my D7D, so that opened my eye that at the moment the EVF are not superior in terms of shooting experience.

Probably a 9 millions dots EVF will do but clearly that's not for today those EVF will become mainstream and accessible to the largest public.

So yeah for me the A900 will be fine and if not possible I'll unfortunately we'll go with A7 mark I

Moreover there is something that bothers me more about Sony strategy concerning their AF compared to Canon or Panasonic. They are lagging at using AI .

Meaning that in A1 they have added the animal eye AF, but there is no leads indicating that they have a training model which will allow to add any new animal to the algorithms of the current camera models via fw update... And that is the road chosen by Canon and that is the road for winning the AF war now.

If it is needed to have a new Sony camera with each iteration of AF recognition improvement, it's not worthy.

ActionPhotoPassion's gear list:ActionPhotoPassion's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A58 Sony a7 Sony a77 II Sony a99 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow