Went from A9 back to DSLR...don't laugh!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,584
Went from A9 back to DSLR...don't laugh!

Firs off, the A9 is the best mirrorless camera I've ever used and I've had quite a few, there is literally nothing to complain about in terms of the A9 as photographic tool. Its IQ, its tracking and speed etc is simply superb, so is the build etc etc. The best I've owned.

Except, after using it for 6 months there were 2 things, the one was purely ergonomical, I found the camera quite small and since my hands are large I on the odd occasion found myself missing a button, or accidentally bumping a button, no biggy right. But the 2nd thing snuck up on me, and I only realised it while playing with my friends old 5D IV about a month ago, its gonna sound strange and I know its purely subjective, but using the camera as I do mostly for wildlife and or landscapes the 'realness' of the OVF vs the EVF hit me.

After years of DSLRs and making the jump to mirrorless a few years ago was a no brainer, and it  was just so great seeing the EFV image adjust as one dials in or changes one's settings etc. and yet, using the 5DIV was just so "ah so that's what the real image looks like", so much so that when I went back to my A9 it kept feeling like what I was seeing was 'fake' in a sense.

Its weird how we sometimes hark back to the old tech sometimes, and maybe its just a phase, but damn I'm enjoying the D850 I got 2 weeks ago, strange but true...

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon D850 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow