Dumb Question - Anyone else having this barrel issue with their XC 15-45?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dumbfujiquestion New Member • Posts: 4
Dumb Question - Anyone else having this barrel issue with their XC 15-45?

Hi - hoping some of you might have some insight into whether this is a quirk of this lens or a defect!

I just purchased an X-T30 (which I love!) and got the XC 15-45 kit lens. I know there are some differences between Nikon lenses (which was my old system) and Fuji, but this felt a bit odd to me. I'd compare to a display model but none of the stores near me have this lens on display.

When applying pressure to the front of the lens (such as using a lens cloth or attaching the lens cap) the front barrel of the lens moves a decent amount (about 1mm) both front to back and left to right. The glass is not loose - it's the entire front of the lens - and it happens even when the lens is off and collapsed. It's not a massive movement, and the images look fine to me (of course I can't be certain without a reference). On my old Nikon lens there was no barrel movement whatsoever but I know the power zoom on this 15-45 is a very different system. If anyone else with a 15-45 could tell me if their lens does this I would really appreciate it!

(Please do let me know if I can clarify at all).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow