Shot my first roll of 35mm Film :)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NixonS Regular Member • Posts: 337
Shot my first roll of 35mm Film :)

This is following on from the thread I made where I asked you lovely lot about what roll of film I should get, big thanks to all of you.

I ultimately decided on Kodak UltraMax 400 despite seeing this film getting trashed in YouTube videos lol. And in the end? I was pleasantly surprised. Almost nothing should have worked when I was taking my photos (it's me behind the camera after all) as I wasn't 100% certain that my Canon AE-1 would function correctly despite seeming OK. Light leaks were a possibility. Shutter damage another, although it did sound functional. User error. And me getting a proper exposure, another variable to the equation! I joke. I tried to follow the light meter where possible and shot all shots at the films rated speed.

I got my film developed and scanned by FilmNeverDie located in the Melbourne CBD. I'm quite impressed, I see some odd colours (like colour casts in the shade) in some shots but that might be a characteristic of this film in certain conditions. Besides that, it seems to render colours naturally with a warm flair. It's not too bad at all.

And so without further distraction, I thought I'd share a few of my shots. Keep in mind this is a test roll so I didn't put my full effort into this, but C&C is welcome. All shots were taken with the 50mm f/1.8.

NixonS's gear list:NixonS's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow