Z camera's making life too easy?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ianz28 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,432
Z camera's making life too easy?

I'm still getting my new Z6 dialed in.  But, coming from a D7200 and D200's I'm finding this camera to be extremely refined and extremely customizable.

My question:

Are Z camera's making life too easy?

I almost feel like I'm in cheat mode using this camera.  Already excellent focusing and metering assisted by the real time EVF when adjusting EV takes almost all of the guess work out of what I'm doing.

I just throw the camera into A priority and I'm off to shooting.  The simple "i" button makes switching up auto-focus modes extremely easy (+ more of course).

I'm just feeling like anyone with rudimentary photo knowledge and experience can pick one of these up and it's almost like a point and shoot.

The only things I'm finding complex are the myriad of settings and trying to figure out how to best set up the customizable buttons to best suit my needs.

At first I disliked not having an optical viewfinder, but the benefits are quickly outweighing the negatives after getting the diopter adjustment suited to my vision.  This scared me initially because I have a lot of manual focus lenses.

And finally getting used to the button layout is odd coming from DX camera bodies.

I think this is almost a perfect travel setup as well.

ianz28's gear list:ianz28's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +14 more
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow