Z banding an my naivety of NXStudio

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wshooter Forum Member • Posts: 72
Z banding an my naivety of NXStudio

I've been using NXStudio to cull my shots before adding the rest of them to my capture 1 catalog for a more thorough review/editing.

Last night, I saw what I think is my first "banding problem" with my Z cameras.  However, after googling and reading a couple of posts here, it appears that the banding issue is in the embedded jpeg image in the raw file and not the raw file itself.

I have been very impressed with how fast NXStudio can read my 24MB and 45MB images and help me cull the bad ones before spending more time in CP1.  But it appears that I was just naive in what NXStudio is displaying that caught me off guard.

I included a screen shot of how NXStudio displays the image then how CP1 displays it and have a couple of questions.

Are those "bands" across the blue sky what is known as banding?

Is it in the embedded JPEG image as shown in NXStudio?

Is there anyway to configure NXStudio to display the RAW image instead of the embedded JPEG?

NXStudio

CP1

TIA

wshooter's gear list:wshooter's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow