Canon EOS-1D X Mark III for Raw video only

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Brett8883 Regular Member • Posts: 345
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III for Raw video only

Has anyone used the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III for RAW video and have any feedback they could share? Dynamic range? Rolling shutter? IQ? No AF during RAW video capture?

I find it kind of odd that Canon has internal RAW recording on some of their full frame still cameras but doesn’t on say something like the C70. You don’t even have internal RAW recording on the $30,000 C700 FF. WTH?

As far as internal RAW recording on FF sensors you have the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, R5, and Sigma FP on small compact cameras. Somewhat odd bed fellows.

Dynamic Range, Rolling shutter, and low light performance are the main things I’m looking at and you’d think in theory that a 20 MP sensor would be better for those things than a 25Mp or 50MP sensor which brings me to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III but this camera isn’t talked about much in video centric circles and I am not sure why not.

Thanks

Canon EOS R5 Sony a6000 Sony a7 Sony a7R Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow