Three M-Mount Fast 50's on my Fuji X-S10

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
xaprb Junior Member • Posts: 32
Three M-Mount Fast 50's on my Fuji X-S10

I rented a few 50mm lenses in Leica M-mount and thought it would be fun to post a comparison shot of an eye-candy color arrangement. Not to pick at sharpness or anything, but just to get a feel for the color rendition. The lenses are all current models, not vintage:

• Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.2 VM
  • Voigtlander 50mm f/2.0 APO-Lanthar aspherical VM
  • ZEISS C Sonnar T* 1.5/50 ZM

I've been shooting these for a few weeks, so I've started to get to know their personalities. I rented them from LensRentals. The camera was on a tripod, I used a Voigtlander helicoid adapter (locked in retracted position), and set to M mode, ISO 800, 1/160th second. Velvia film simulation. The focus is on the cardinal's eye. Lighting is just from windows behind/beside me. All lenses are set to f/2.0 aperture. Probably the biggest surprise for me was the difference in field-of-view. I didn't expect them to have such different apparent focal lengths! And, a shot of the three lenses for perspective on size.

xaprb's gear list:xaprb's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow