Flashpoint R2-T trigger for Canon: no focus assist on Canon RP; no HSS

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 8,180
Flashpoint R2-T trigger for Canon: no focus assist on Canon RP; no HSS

I have a Flashpoint R2-T trigger for Canon (firmware apparently 1.0; recent) and I cannot get the focus assist light on the trigger itself to work with the camera.

I've been using single point AF-S, with focus assist in the camera settings on or off, and with the focus point centered or not. And several other combos I'm probably forgetting. Zippo.

I noticed on a video for this trigger for the Sony that there was a menu item to select between DSLR or MILC; that option doesn't exist on this trigger.

Also, I can't get HSS to work with a TT350P. I know that's not a TTL-specific speedlight for Canon, but the same Olympus brand trigger will operate it in manual mode in HSS (and also flashes the focus assist light correctly) when used on an Oly camera.

So I'm not sure if I have incorrect settings on either the camera or trigger, or if the features aren't implemented and the RP isn't supported, or if it's just defective.

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow