Compromise camera required

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Redhenry Forum Member • Posts: 77
Compromise camera required

Hi,

I have a Nikon D5100 and a couple of lenses, plus a Sony RX100 mk2 compact. Some time in the next year, I'd like to replace this lot with one camera and a modest zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent range of about 28-100mm. My pictures do not require any capabilities beyond the range of a 'kit zoom' but I would like a little more resolution than I get from a  1" sensor, especially as I regularly submit pictures to a microstock site. MFT seems to be a good compromise. The camera should ideally go in a jacket pocket. Some sort of stabilisation required as I'm less good at holding a camera steady than I used to be. Happy with a rear screen but a viewfinder would be nice for occasional use. I usually buy used cameras and don't really want to go beyond about 600 UK pounds (about $750 at the moment). If any of you MFT experts have a suggestion, I'd be most grateful. Thanks!

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
ANSWER:
Nikon D5100 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow