Sony a6600 zooming in and bulb mode

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Merlin5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,087
Sony a6600 zooming in and bulb mode

Hi guys. I met a photographer yesterday while we both had our cameras set up on tripods. He was using a manual only lens and I was using autofocus with my Sigma 16mm. He came over to my camera as I'd asked him where he thought the best position would be for me to focus on my subject. He mentioned about zooming in to look at the subject closer. I know how to magnify a subject when using manual focus. When I've shot the moon, I'll hold my back button focus button and turn the focus ring on the lens and it magnifies the subject and allows me to tweak the focus peaking.  It occurred to me I don't know how to magnify a subject while in autofocus, can that be done?

Also, I used to be able to get bulb mode but for some reason I can't dial down lower than 30 seconds. Don't know what settings I've changed, but how do I get bulb mode back? Thanks.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow