Random Blurriness in the Frame with Static Subject (Not Decentering)

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobertLutzPhotography New Member • Posts: 7
Random Blurriness in the Frame with Static Subject (Not Decentering)

Hi everyone,

I just encountered a curious phenomenon that is totally new to me: random blurring throughout the frame in an image of a static subject (a house). I first thought it was a problem with Lightroom, but it persists in every raw converter I have tried.

Please check out the raw files here: three images taken only seconds apartment from each other. The first has no problems, the second has some blur on the wall in the bottom left, and the third has significant blur on different parts of the wall as well as on the edge of the building where it contrasts with the sky in the upper left of the image.

The lens (a Nikon 300mm f4 PF) has never caused any problems. In fact, other images that day -- before and after) -- were just fine. This obviously cannot be decentering, and there were no adverse atmospheric conditions. If the lens had been smudged, it would have shown up on later pictures that day (which was not the case).

Has anybody encountered a similar phenomenon before? Could this be a Nikon Z7 sensor glitch?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow