Canon 70-200mm f4 IS repair

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
RepairGuy New Member • Posts: 2
Canon 70-200mm f4 IS repair

Hi guys,

I just learned that the repair folks tend to gather in this forum, so I'm taking my post over here. If I'm still wrong here, please let me know:

"I dropped my precious 70-200mm f4 IS USM and chipped the rear barrel (CY3-2177-000) as well as cracked a roller in the front prohibiting the lens from focusing below 2 meters (AF and MF). I checked the part catalog for the roller and rear barrel and noticed that the back focus is adjusted with a spacer like part (CY3-2181-000(xxx)) that sits in front of the rear barrel and can be ordered in 13 different sizes... So, without a device to measure flange focal distance, can I just order the barrel, keep the old spacer and still leave the factory adjustment intact? (I'm afraid I already know the answer, please be gentle...)

Part two is the cracked roller. It is located in the guide barrel (CY3-2174-000) and uses two different roller types YB2-1243-010 and YB2-1242-000 and each is available in three different sizes. Am I correct in assuming that the different sizes are used to center the 2nd group lens assy and I have to order all three sizes of the cracked roller to get the centering right?"

Thanks for helping me out.

Best,

RG

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow