Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MyM6II
MyM6II Senior Member • Posts: 1,722
Re: M50 as a casual sports shooter?

R2D2 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

R2D2 wrote:

kangarooinoz wrote:

Hi, sorry for the delay and thanks for the detailed reply. Yes I think you're right regarding staying with M4/3. Unless you're a pro sports shooter you have to go pretty expensive for similar performance.

So my plan is to just buy a zoom lens for my existing M4/3 camera.

What the other poster failed to tell you is that the 32 MP M6ii will in fact give you even more "reach" than even a 20 MP M43 body.

The OP was asking about the M50, not the much more expensive M6 II.

So? I'm recommending the M6ii. Folks on the M Forum post about M Series cameras quite a bit, but that doesn't stop you from recommending every other brand of camera every chance You get.

I 100% agree with R2 here.

Even with cropping the M6 II, Canon can't match the reach of the m4/3 Panasonic 100-300mm f/4-5.6 OIS in a remotely comparable size and weight. Somewhere I seem to remember reading "You have to take the entire SYSTEM into consideration."

When a person is asking about shooting sports in this forum, I'll always recommend they consider the M6ii, since IME it's an outstanding camera for sports.

+1

What you also fail to mention is that the OP is considering sticking with his 5+ y/o 16 MP M43 body. Given that choice I'll be voting for the M6ii thank you.

Absolutely.

MyM6II's gear list:MyM6II's gear list
Canon G7 X III Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS M200
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow