GX80 in 2021

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kalisti
kalisti Regular Member • Posts: 428
GX80 in 2021

I love it!

When it turned up last year I was without my G9 and wanted something to fill in for it.

Something a little bigger than my eos-m but smaller than my G9.

A 14mm ii came next to make a pocket friendly combo.

14mm is a challenge for me, one I wish to work on, but, I dont need every photo to be a challenge.

After reading comments about the 45-150mm posted by alcelc, and finding the lens was a bargin used, I ordered one.

THANK YOU alcelc! for me this lens brings the GX80 to life, with the little 14mm as back up.

Its small enough it still fits in my jacket pockets with the 45-150 on the body.

Then I see it used to be a kit lens, explains the price, but panasonic and their very nice kit lenses, really impressive.

For all its downsides vs the G9, GX9 etc I still take it with me when I get a chance to run around, and leave the G9 for days I have something specific in mind.

At this point I can see for everyday use the GX80 is very close to perfect for me, the lenses make the camera, and although I have used the 25mm 1.4 for some indoor flash portraits, I tend to think of the two cameras with their own lenses,

GX80 + 14mm + 45-150 (681g)

G9 + 12-60 + 25mm (1183g)

like the G9 I'm excited as soon as the GX80 is in my hand, and I have big hands, but the shape and button layout/depth really suit me, no accidental presses so far.

The GX80 and its 'kit' was all used from mpb, my impression have been very positive, and the service was excellent!

So less than £450 all in, it made me second guess the G9 for a few minutes honestly XD

Seems I have two loves now

Mad rambling aside, I'm having fun shooting with the GX80 and 45-150mm.

I usually go for something more muted.

colours!

Always bad with composition, the daffodil behind

Argh

pose for me!

Its still cold in london.

I sit on these rocks sometimes.

Remembered I like streaky stuff, just a random shot tbh. Oh and some editing of course XD

1920x1080 wallpaper edit

Hope this finds you all well,

Alex.

kalisti's gear list:kalisti's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 II ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow