RAW development for Panasonic and Olympus M43

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Deb789 Regular Member • Posts: 308
RAW development for Panasonic and Olympus M43

Hello,

I am learning how to use a handful of handed down M43 cameras- all Olympus and Panasonic.  I was looking for the native software from Panasonic for developing RAW and saw a thread here from 2019 indicating Silkypix is the closest to native Panasonic software.  At the time of the thread, there was a free version.  Now it appears to cost $120+ and Silkypix charges for updates.  Is Silkypix still the best choice for Panasonic development?

I am going to start looking for Olympus' free software now.  If anyone knows whether it works well (or if something else works better) for their M43 cameras, please let me know.

I know color profile should be color profile and other software has lens profiles for at least several of their lenses, but I feel there is no substitute for the manufacturer when it comes to knowing the idiosyncrasies of their own lenses and cameras.  Once a photo is developed, it can always be refined in other software if desired.

Deb789's gear list:Deb789's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D750 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow