Laowa 100 macro on D750 exposure problem

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RiccoNicco New Member • Posts: 2
Laowa 100 macro on D750 exposure problem

I purchased a like-new Laowa 100 f2.8 macro to be used on my D750.  I used it a few times and every time I get inconsistent exposure and typically over-exposed by a couple to several f-stops.  I inputted the non-CPU lens data into the camera.  Set the camera to manual focus.  Used both Aperture priority and full manual exposure.  I am exposing in manual at what the viewfinder is telling me is "0".  Still not getting consistent exposure.  I am using the aperture control ring to test out different values for the depth of field when taking about 1:1 reproduction ratio images.  In manual I have adjusted both aperture and shutter speed.  I haven't checked if it's specifically tied to an f-stop or not.  I checked the lens and when I move the aperture ring, the aperture blades do move although I noticed they lag a little if you move from all the way open to all the way closed, but they don't get stuck and out of sinc with the ring adjustments as far as I can tell.  Just don't understand how the camera can't get the exposure right in full manual.  I am not a pro by any means but I've never had such an exposure problem with a camera/lens combination before. Any ideas or advice on what I or the camera isn't doing right?  I don't have any other non-CPU lenses to test out either, but haven't had any issues with other lenses, including an older Nikon 105 micro.  Thanks.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow