Water dissipation help please.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gmarmot
gmarmot Forum Member • Posts: 75
Water dissipation help please.

I have a several years old Olympus 75-300 II zoom lens I bought new which has no visible damage. There are small water droplets visible on one of the inside elements; they look like they are on one of the rear lens pieces. It appears that they do cause minor visible spots on some photos.

To dry it I have tried putting the lens into a double zip lock plastic bag with desiccant for a few weeks, laying the lens outside in the sun on cool days which warms the lens without making it too hot, placing the lens in an electric oven set on very low which warms it but not too hot to the touch, and even zooming the lens rapidly back and forth many times after the lens was sitting in the sun on a warm day. These actions were done where I live in the New Mexico desert on dry sunny days when the humidity was low.

Does anyone have further suggestions short of a large hammer?

Is the lens difficult to minimally take apart to dry the glass?

I'm surprised that none of my actions have been at all successful, but no luck so far. Other than sending the lens up to the International Space Station to place it outside in a near complete vacuum, suggestions?

gmarmot's gear list:gmarmot's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow