Powerful lithium polymer external battery packs for your speedlights

Started 4 weeks ago | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Franklin Senior Member • Posts: 1,515
Powerful lithium polymer external battery packs for your speedlights

Hi fellow photographers,

If you are a working or aspiring wedding or event photographer, I have a great deal for you. I totally switched lighting gear, and these great devices can no longer work for me; as they say, my loss could be your gain. Just for reference, if the above sounds too much like a used car salesman, I still am and have been a working professional photographer for over 40 years. I've been reading DP review for 22 years and have been an active and fairly frequent contributor to its forums for 19 years. When I describe used gear, I am painfully truthful.

Here's what I'd like to sell:

2- Adorama's Flashpoint BP960 lithium polymer external power packs to power most major brand speedlights (these two will come with the cords necessary to connect them to Canon flashes, which are listed separately below; other brands - Nikon, Sony, Metz and Quantum strobes will require different cords, available at Adorama) with one each detachable 11.1 volt 4500 mAh, battery, belt clips and shoulder straps, and AC charger. These units will power your strobe for at least 1000-2000 full power flashes without changing or recharging the battery. TTL use will usually result in even more shots per charge.

2- Spare BP-960-X-2 11.1 volt 5800 mAh  lithium polymer batteries, one each for the two BP960's.

2- Connecting cables FP-CBBPCA, for connecting the external power packs to flashes, for use with Canon speedlights, one each for the two BP960's. These are, for unknoiwn reasons, not currently available, so these are very important to Canon shooters who use the BP960's.

2- Belt Mounting clamps FPXCPPP, to enable the complete BP960's to be hung from lightstands with clamping devices which attach to the power backs by their belt clips, one each for the two BP960's.

Adorama sells a similar combination of the above - https://www.adorama.com/fpppbp960k1.html - that includes the BP960, the extra spare battery and belt mounting clamps for $193.00 right now. This does not include the two connecting cables I am including which attach the units to Canon speedlights. The connecting cords for Canon speedlights, currently unavailable, last sold for $34.95 each That makes each unit I am selling cost $217.95, for a total of $435.90, if bought new at Adorama. My price for the whole package is $180.00, a true bargain.

Notes on condition and operation. All the gear in this package is in near brand new condition, and was used only about three or four times. However, I have kept the batteries fresh by infrequent periodic charging now and then. I am not a wedding shooter, but I used to do two or three very big conferences/shows/symposiums a year which required 1000's of shots day. I got these units for just those shows in, if I am not mistaken, 2018. I only used them two or three times that year and maybe once in 2019. Then Covid killed my live corporate event business and I haven't had the opportunity to use the units since then. In operation with Canon speedlights, one thing that first time users don't understand, is that you must still have double A's in the flash unit itself to power

the speedlight screen and firmware instructions. The BP960's only do the more critical real heavy charging of the flash capacitors to allow massively more flashes, and massively quicker recycling, than would be the case with internal batteries alone.

I will accept payment by either PayPal, or any major credit card. You pay shipping and insurance of any type you wish, unless you can do in person pickup in the Detroit, Michigan metro area

-- hide signature --

Keep learning; share knowledge; think seriously about outcomes; seek wisdom.

David Franklin's gear list:David Franklin's gear list
Canon EOS R5
FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread open
View using Google Maps: WEST BLOOMFIELD, MI, United States

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow